NIGERIAN INSTITUTE OF ARCHITECTS
NIA PARTS 1& 2 (FINALS 1 & 2)
(DIRECT ADMISSION) EXAMINATION SEPTEMBER 2016
1. NIA PART 2 (FINALS 2 DIRECT ADMISSION) EXAMINATION (SEPTEMBER 2016)
This Examination is for candidates with M.Sc. (Architecture) or its equivalent awarded by Nigerian or Foreign universities whose Architecture programmes are not accredited by the Nigerian Institute of Architects (all applicants who studied abroad will be require to authorize the institute to obtain their duties transcripts directly from the awarding institution for assessment). Candidates who have passed the R.I.B.A. Part II or equivalent may also apply. Candidates must have obtained the degree not later than nine months prior to September 2014
2. NIA PART 1 (FINALS 1 DIRECT ADMISSION) EXAMINATION (SEPTEMBER 2016)
This Examination I for candidates with B.Sc. (Architecture) or its equivalents awarded by Nigerian or foreign Universities whose Architecture Programme are not accredited by the Nigerian Institute of Architects (a applicants who studied abroad will be required to authorize the Institute to obtain their detail transcripts directly from the awarding Institution for assessment).
3. METHOD OF APICATION:
Application form are obtainable from the NIA Secretariat in Abuja upon the payment of N5,000.00.
Candidates’ application forms are to be submitted with the following:
- A non-refundable examination feeN50, 000.00 for Parts 1& 2 (Finals 1 & 2) Examinations.
- A seminar fee N00 and 25,000.00 for Parts 1 & 2 (Finals 1 & 2) Examinations.
- All payments should be made into the NIA Account no. 0003320931 at any Diamond Bank Branch and the teller submitted with the application form.
- Transcript obtained directly from your university (Graduate Candidates from Overseas Universities only)
- Sighted Photocopies of educational certificates (WAEC or Diploma and Degrees) and NYSC Certificates. WAEC or GCE statement of Result shall not be accepted.
- Name and address of the accrediting board in Candidate’s country of study (foreign graduates only)
- All applicants must have their certificates sighted and endorsed by a current NIA Council member.
- Two nos. rexcent6 passport photographs.
- Applicants are to signify preferred mode of dispatch of notices between EMS, DHL, Red Star or UPS. Payment for the chosen courier will be made at the point of submission.
- Affidavit for discrepancies in names or other particulars on certificates (if any).
- A letter forwarding application form.
4. EXAMINATION PREPARATORY SEMINAR
PART 1 & 2 (Finals 1 & 2) Seminar will be held from Mon 5th – Sat 10th September 2016 at Abuja Centre only.
5. SEMINAR FEES:
PART 1 & 2 (Finals 1 & 2) Seminar: N20, 000.00. Payment teller should be scanned and sent to the Secretariat not later than 29th August 2016 and a copy brought to the Centre. All payment should be in favour of: Nigerian Institute of Architects, Diamond Bank Account no. 0003320931.
6. EXAMINATION DATE:
The NIA Parts 1 & 2 (Finals 1 & 2) Examination will hold from Mon 26th – Fri 30th September 2016.
7. EXAMINATION CENTRES:
The parts 1 & 2 (Finals 1 & 2) Examination will hold in Lagos and Abuja Candidates should indicate on their Application form the Centre at which they wish to sit for the examination.
Strict compliance with all conditions stated above is pre-requisite to being qualified for admission into these examinations.
9. CLOSING DATE:
All completed application forms must reach:
The Honorary General Secretary,
Nigerian Institute of Architects
Plot 215, Muazu magaji, Off Patrick
Yakowa/Aminu Sale Crescent, Off kubwa
Expressway, Katampe B19,Abuja, FCT
Not later than 5pm Friday 6th May 2016
ARC. MORADEKE OKUNRINBOYE, FNIA
HONORARY GENERAL SECRETARY